A poor diet can not only increase your waistline but can also lead to a loss of hair. As well as including high levels of protein in your diet there are other nutrients such as iron and vitamin C that can give you healthy hair.
- Eggs – Protein is vital for healthy hair and eggs are a quick and easy source. Cooked and ready to eat in just a few minutes, eggs are a great way to get protein, zinc and iron all in one hit.
- Walnuts – Although most fish are normally a great source of omega 3, they’re not to everyone’s liking. Walnuts are the only nut type with the same fatty acids and they also have vitamin E and biotin, which help protect cells from damage, and copper which keeps your hair colour rich.
- Blueberries – For a healthy head of hair you need to have good blood circulation, something that’s improved with a full vitamin C intake. As well as blueberries, other fruit like kiwis, oranges and strawberries can help.
- Spinach – Among other things, including vitamin C, spinach is high in iron. This helps the bloodstream carry oxygen, meaning your hair gets a healthy supply. As well as spinach, kale and broccoli are also high in iron.
- Lentils – If you’re looking for a new way to increase your intake of protein try adding lentils, beans and pulses to your diet. As well as protein, lentils have high levels of iron, zinc and biotin.
Hair Loss Solutions
Diet can play a part in keeping a full head of hair but sometimes you need more help than your food can offer. Contact Medical Hair Restoration Australia on 1800 668 480 for more information on hair loss solutions.